This feature requires you to have an account with TextMagic, an SMS provider. Pay as you go for SMS messages, with a free trial so you can test it out.
SuperRoundRobin is configured to send SMS alerts to the assignee by MatchGroup - so if you wish you can have a single MatchGroup (maybe a high priority one) that sends out SMS alerts as well as the email notification.
Let's get the pricing out of the way first. With TextMagic, you pre-pay for messages with a credit card. There are no other subscription fees.
We have personal experience of using TextMagic so recommend their service as a happy customer. Also - full disclosure: we get a little referral fee for new signups, so thank you for using the provided link.
Steps to Follow in TextMagic:
- Sign up with TextMagic. No credit card is required for the sign up process. You get a little bit of credit (10 messages) to test the service. Select the Default sender settings when prompted during signup.
- For each Assignee that you want to enable for SMS alerts, add their email address in TextMagic. In the menu on the left, select Services > Email to SMS. Click the green 'Add allowed emails' button. Add each Assignee's email address.
- Alternatively, if you have lots of users, you can email [email protected] and ask them to enable the "Email to SMS" service for all emails that originate from your email domain. This is the easiest option if you have many users and/or they change often. Their support team don't like to whitelist new accounts and might say this isn't possible, if you get that just show them the following screen with the *@digitaldoctrine.co wildcard whitelist:
Steps to Follow in SuperRoundRobin:
- Go to the Assignee you want to receive new lead SMS alerts
- Ensure that 'Send SMS Notifications' is checked
- Use the Email to SMS Wizard on the right of the page to enter the Email to SMS address for this Assignee.
- Repeat for all Assignees that you wish to receive SMS alerts.