Route Leads Based on Day of Week
Last Update 9 bulan yang lalu
A customer had a scenario where they employ sales reps that only work Saturday/Sunday. They also had a team of full time reps that work weekdays. This article describes how you can route Salesforce leads to the Sat/Sun workers at the weekend, and the full time workers during the week.
- Create a Formula Field on the Lead Object - call it something like 'DaySubmitted'. It should be a 'text' Formula Field and in the Formula, use this:
- CASE(WEEKDAY(Today()), 1, 'Sunday', 2, 'Monday', 3, 'Tuesday', 4, 'Wednesday', 5, 'Thursday', 6, 'Friday', 7, 'Saturday', 'False')
When a lead is created, this field will contain the day of the week that you will use in your MatchRules.
- Now head over to SuperRoundRobin. Create a new MatchGroup that will contain your (for example) Saturday and Sunday reps.
- Add your weekend reps to that MatchGroup in the Assignees section.
- Create a MatchRule that will only match leads submitted on the Saturday or Sunday. Select DaySubmitted__c from the Fieldnname picklist, use the EQUALS operator and enter Saturday|Sunday in the MatchingValues box. (That's a pipe character in the middle. It means match on either a Saturday or Sunday).
- Done! Of course you can use this rule in combination with any other MatchRules if you have more complex routing requirements. And obviously it isn't restricted to Saturday/Sunday - use any day of the week!
- Finally - you need to stop the weekday sales reps from getting weekend leads; you have two options:
- Set the Priority of this MatchGroup higher than the other MatchGroups, so this rule always gets executed first
- In the other MatchGroups with your weekend reps, have a similar rule where you have DaySubmitted EQUALS Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday